Greater Cleveland Safe Kids/Safe Communities Coalition
July 12, 2016
Executive Board Nominations – please send your Executive Board nominations to Mandy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Safe Sitter – thanks to everyone that helped us host classes in June. We taught 95 students in June!
- Click It For a Ticket – thank you to all the schools that scheduled and worked the successful events.
- If you have not submitted your pre and post counts yet please send them in ASAP.
- Click It or Ticket – thanks to all the members for another great Click It or Ticket mobilization.
- Great attendance and media coverage for the Kick Off.
- Widespread distribution of signage and materials.
- Successful event at the Indians’ game on May 27 – very busy event!
- Social media – around 38,500 were reached with the Click It or Ticket message
- Teen ROADeo – thanks to everyone that helped with the event. Very successful but low attendance. Hoping to hold another event. Contact Jennifer if you are interested in hosting in your community in the fall or next year.
- Safety Calendar – contact Mandy (email@example.com) to order a CD
- Topics include summer safety, water safety, hyperthermia prevention and back to school safety
- Water Safety – contact Mandy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order materials
- Materials available include handout, brochure, posters, new Safe Kids handout, Safe Kids infographic and social media posts
- Received Nationwide/Safe Kids grant to host parent/caregiver sessions to talk about home safety especially around water. Please contact Mandy if you have an idea for a location
- Hyperthermia prevention – contact Mandy (email@example.com) to order materials
- Materials include social media posts, PSA and postcards
- Please consider posting social media posts on July 31 for National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Pedestrian Safety – contact Mandy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your school for Walk to School Day
- Toolkit includes ideas for walks, school activities, tattoos and stickers for participating students
- Star School – Walking with Thoreau Park in Parma on Wednesday, October 5. Please walk with us!
- Fire Safety – contact Carli (email@example.com ) to participate in the Fire Safety Day on October 8 (tentative date) at Western Reserve Fire Museum
- Part of grant from FM Global to host fire safety shows at Cleveland City Schools
- Halloween – contact Mandy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order Halloween bags to pick up at the September meeting
- Boo at the Zoo – contact Heidi (email@example.com) to sign up to volunteer
- October 20-23 and 27-30. Shifts available – 4-7:30p and 7-9:30p
- Seat Check Saturday – contact Tom (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer
- Saturday, September 24 at Neighborhood Family Practice from 10a-1p
- Need CPS technicians!
- CPS Technician course – contact Tom (email@example.com) to sign up
- October 7, 12, 14 and 15 at the University Hospitals Portage Medical Center in Ravenna
- SIDNE – contact Jennifer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve SIDNE for your event
- Minimum space requirememnt is 100’x130’
- Texder’s Distracted Driving Crusade – contact Jennifer (email@example.com) for more information
- Interested in doing a distracted driving program with high schools. Perfect for homecoming activities.
- High School Fall Outreach – contact Jennifer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order materials
- Materials include seat cushions, clicker pom-poms, lanyards, megaphones with caps
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over – contact Jennifer (email@example.com) to order materials and volunteer
- Materials include bar kits, banners, magnets and bags
- Kick off event is Browns Training Camp on August 15. Need coalition members to help!
- Motorcycle Safety – contact Jennifer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order materials
- Spike in motorcycle deaths in Ohio – 67 fatalities to date
- Materials include banners, yard signs , auto magnets and bags.
- Coming soon – riding map of areas in Holmes and Wayne County
- New Offerings – contact Jennifer (email@example.com) to order materials
- Materials include Click It or Ticket Yard Signs
- Permanent seat belt street signs
- Community Offerings from Safety Squad – contact Carli (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the shows
- The Get in the Game Show, Water Safety Series and The Ultimate Fun Fitness Human Board Game
- Return to Learn/Concussion Training – more information on the training https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2BDH5W
- Safe Sitter – contact Mandy (email@example.com) to host a class
- Activity Reports – the best way to let us know what you are doing is the fill out activity reports! You can fax it 216.983.1180, email it firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our website at www.injurypreventioncenter.com/safe-kids/activity-reports
- Activity report is attached!
- Please include Safe Kids/Safe Communities activities and note which of our materials you used in your report!
- Annual Recognition Meeting – Tuesday, September 13 from 11:00a-1:00p at Cleveland Airport Marriott. Perfect meeting to show your supervisors the great job you all do!
- Volunteer Opportunities
- 17th Annual Holiday Mocktail Party and Safe Kids Benefit
- SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, November 17 at 5:30-8p at DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland East
- $10 per person for anyone over the age of 12 – 12 and under are free
- Want to mix it up? We are looking for 10 Mocktail Mixers – form is attached.
- Help us solicit Chinese Raffle and Silent Auction items – donation request letters are attached.
- Wine pull – please consider donating a bottle of wine for the wine pull – $10 minimum value
- Sponsorship – we are looking for sponsors for this year’s event. Please consider sending sponsor information to your local business contacts. (Sponsor packet attached)