Each year, more than 3.5 million young people under the age of 14 experience sports- and recreation-related injuries, from sprains, strains, bruises, abrasions, and cuts to more serious injuries requiring surgery and rehabilitation. Some young athletes play sports at a high level, while others take a more relaxed approach. Either way, they face their own unique health challenges, which is why the sports medicine team at Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital offers patients a dynamic lineup of experienced professionals in a broad range of medical specialties.
Each spring, the Rainbow Injury Prevention Center and the Greater Cleveland Safe Kids Coalition offer a sports safety toolkit to help you conduct educational events and activities. The program is designed to educate children through physical activity and hands-on sports safety activities. The toolkit includes all materials needed for your event. We encourage participating organizations to choose the elements that will work best for their community and suit their time and resources.
- older children winter sports safety handout for parents and educators
- sports safety activity book for children
- sports safety fact sheet for parents and educators
- sports safety program for educators
- sledding safety handout for parents and educators
- ski and snowboarding safety for parents and educators
For more information on sports safety, please contact the Safe Kids Greater Cleveland Coordinator.